Since August, I've been teaching in Zoom. I often utilize the chat to share prompts to generate discussion and set up active learning activities. I wrote up prompts in numbered lists in Google Docs to copy and paste into the Zoom chat, however, my prompts trasnferred as block texts instead. This was not ideal.
I blocked off some time to experiment with other ways to copy and paste numbered lists into the Zoom chat. On a recent Wednesday, I wrote up my prompts in a numbered list with some spacing for readability in a .txt file. During class, I copied and pasted my prompts into the chat and lo and behold, my numbered lists with space for readability carried over successfully.
This is certainly not earth shattering, but this tiny tweak made my most recent teaching experience smoother.